Saturday, May 29, 2004

I have narrowed my computer problem down to the bios and or driver. It hangs after windows has shut down, and a lot of the time won't make it past the hardware check when it's supposed to boot. It seems to hang on the CD player. I have checked the bios settings and they seem to be ok, so I will either have to reinstall the basic drivers or flash the bios. The plan is to get a new computer this summer. I still haven't decided weather I want to build a windows machine, just buy a Dell or what ever, or go back to Mac. Mac's are still expensive compared to PC's and XP in spite of it's security problems seems to work just fine. Maybe I'll just wait for the improved addition of XP or Longhorn.

I sure like being able to post pics directly to the blog. It's so much easier than posting to Yahoo or photolog. More pics coming.

And in answer to your question Donna, We do and don't miss living in California. Will try to explain later.